Person X: Oh, you go to Cornell? How do you like it?
Me: Haha, it's cold there!
*X represents the dozens of people I'm introduced to, people I meet randomly, and acquaintances I run into.
There. To all you X's: it's cold there! That's my answer, and I'm sticking to it.
How are the academics? Hard.
You heard that the engineering program is killer? Well, I sometimes sure feel like it's killing me.
I can't honestly say what I feel toward college, nor can I gush about how lucky I feel to be going to my "dream school." Sometimes I feel incredibly lucky, yet other times I feel like Cornell is the embodiment of my nightmares. Okay, that was a bit extreme.
I just finished my freshman year. People call that the adjustment period, right? Well, for the sake of my future sanity, I hope I become a better adjuster. At this point, I feel like I have learned so much, both academically and about myself, and I'll flatter myself into thinking that I've grown a lot, too. All this growth has left me feeling a bit conflicted, though.
Maybe I'm whining too much because my adjustment ride wasn't as smooth as I would've liked. All I know is that your questions, Person X, catapult me into a state of such over-analyzation and over-thinking that, as a result, I get an over-pounding headache.
Do I like Cornell? No. I either love or hate it, and that changes based on my mood. However, I really dislike tripping over silly words to describe emotions that, more often than not, resemble a kaleidoscope. Therefore, while I prod my deflated ego and massage the soreness from my overworked brain, I'll just fall back onto the one thing I do know with 100% certainty:
Cornell is freaking cold.
Monday, June 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment